Thursday, October 15, 2009

ANXIETY! I HATE IT!

I was filling up with gas last night and there was a police officer in
the convenience store. Another police officer pulled up and came
inside. Normally, I am glad to see police. The job they do is tough
and with little thanks. I said, "Thank you and that I appreciated
him". He said he appreciated my support. That was nice. I paid for
my gas and left.

Then there was this tremendous sense of ANXIETY that came over me. I
had a very real sickness in the pit of my stomach. I HATE that
feeling. Where does it come from? Why is it there? I took an acid
reducing pill and a Benadryl tablet and went to sleep... zzzzz

So wise King Solomon, do you have an answer for insignificant me?

"Dear friend, guard Clear Thinking and Common Sense with your life;
don't for a minute lose sight of them. They'll keep your soul alive and well,
they'll keep you fit and attractive. You'll travel safely,
you'll neither tire nor trip. You'll take afternoon naps without a worry,
you'll enjoy a good night's sleep.

No need to panic over alarms or surprises,
or predictions that doomsday's just around the corner,
Because God will be right there with you;
he'll keep you safe and sound. " ~Solomon

It seems FORGETTING that God is right there with you, confidently
knowing His presence and expecting His direct interaction in your life
is the source of ANXIETY. I'll do better next time. "Turn to God.
Run from evil." ~Solomon. OK. I got it this time...

Surf to: http://www.1stchurch.org/GetFacebook.html

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: