Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Alfred E. Neuman likely knew God.

Looking back at my county jail experience, reminds me of the old MAD
cartoon character, Alfred Neuman? His famous saying was, "What me
worry?" I know it makes little sense, but I never worried about the
God Spot I was in the middle of. I prayed a lot, but didn't worry. I
just operated believing God was at work in my life and the lives of
those around me. Check out how David summed it up...

"You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in
Shaddai's shadow,
Say this: " God, you're my refuge. I trust in you and I'm safe!"" ~David

Even as I looked up at an incredibly mean looking guy and acknowledged
to God if he kicks me it is really going to hurt. I had no worry.
Whatever happened was God's abundance in my life (the perfection of
God's will and purpose). I was ok with it, but I still let God know I
preferred to have the guy chill out across the room and skip the pain
part. God honored my request.

"Yes, because God's your refuge,
the High God your very own home,
Evil can't get close to you,
harm can't get through the door.
He ordered his angels
to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they'll catch you;
their job is to keep you from falling." ~David

I kinda figure the room was full of angels...

Surf to: http://www.1stchurch.org/GetFacebook.html

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: