Friday, October 30, 2009

The best gift of all...

Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 56 years of age. Not old. Not
young. Just of age. It is a good age to be. I have enjoyed many of
life's experiences. The girl friend of my youth still blesses me by
laughing at my jokes. My son has blessed me with a beautiful
daughter-in-law and grandkids. God has had His hand in all of life's
experiences.

Many of my life's adventures did not turn out as I would have
preferred, but they created in me the man I have become. I believe I
am becoming the man God desires to spend eternity with. From that
perspective, I can not fault God for the failures in my life. It is
from the pit, I have been able to look up and see God's face. In
being rescued from the pit, I am able to see God's power, mercy and
grace.

Whether in the pit or out of the pit, God continues to be God and has
blessed me with the best gift of all. He allowed His Son to die on
the cross for my sins such that I might have the opportunity to spend
life eternal with Him.

For my birthday, might you consider accepting God's best gift of all?

"if I visit a deadly disease on that country, pouring out my lethal
anger, killing both people and animals, and Noah, Daniel, and Job
happened to be alive at the time, as sure as I am the living God, not
a son, not a daughter, would be rescued. Only these three would be
delivered because of their righteousness." ~God

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: