Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Why did I do it?


 
I have invested a week of my vacation time riding in a greyhound bus full of smelly people with destinations.  Oddly, Freddy and I had no destination.  Sure we hoped to go back to the place of our individual childhoods, but the trip had its own value.  If we made it to our destination, ok.  If not, ok.  It was all about the experience.
 
When I failed to turn in my ticket and got on the bus anyway, the bus driver threatened to throw me off.  I had broken rule #1.  "Don't make the bus driver mad."  It's funny.  To everyone else on the bus, being tossed off would be considered catastrophic.  For me, I was ok with it.  Being tossed off was just one more event in my journey.  Not good.  Not bad.  Just an event.
 
I wonder if life should be a little more like my bus adventure.  Buy a ticket with a destination in mind, but be ok with change that creates the uniqueness of the experience.  Enjoy the adventure wherever you are, for the time God gives you.  Regardless whether you planned being there.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: