Tuesday, March 10, 2009

22 Minute Burger


Freddy was excited to see a Carl's jr hamburger joint across the
street from the bus station. The bus driver recommended Wendy's next
to the bus, but Freddy knew the Carl's jr burger was the best in the
country. Having been living on granola, this sounded pretty good.
 
The bus driver gave us 30 minutes and then he was leaving whether we
were on the bus or not. I think he enjoyed leaving people. He might
even have been notching his belt.
 
22 minutes later and counting, I still did not have my coveted Sante
Fe Chicken Burger. Fred got his burger but mine was lost in the stack
of receipts from a "SLAMMED" restaurant. I told Fred to head back and
hold the bus. I knew he could, he had experience dealing with
unruling bus drivers. Ha!
 
Finally with a minute to go, I told the kid behind the counter to give
me anything. It didn't matter. Just grab on and toss it in the bag.
He took one look at my sweet kind Christian face (sarcasm intended)
and complied with grabbing something and tossing it in the bag. He
knew I was a heartbeat away from being comfortable sitting with the
crazy people. He said, "Sorry".
 
Fred owes me a Sante Fe Chicken Sandwich. I tell you this, that the
world may know!
 
Note: Even the "Oh. god!" lady got her Wendy's burger.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: