Sunday, March 8, 2009

Technology Fails


Mom, this picture is for you.
 
Technology may fail, but memories are forever.  Fred and I made it back to our childhood homes.  We have met a lot of people and heard a lot of stories.  Technology has been challenging on the bus, so am behind the posting curve.  I hope later today (Sunday), before we board the bus and head back to catch up. 
 
This has been a very impressionable trip and I know will be an event in my life that will help shape me.  I hope the shaping will be for the better.  The two highest points of the trip were meeting Federico's family and seeing the love shared in a family unit and visiting my old home where I grew up with my dad being pastor of a small Baptist mission.
 
There will be lots more later about being called queer in the LA bus station, people coming down off all kinds of drugs, good people just wanting to survive, young people with dreams, bad people not looking for anything and expecting the worse, frustrations and happiness. 
 
Check in later today.  I hope to have some stories posted.
 
God does bless,
archie and Federico

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: