Friday, March 6, 2009

1st God Spot Awesome


Met Bud in Junction. He is 54, my age. He was part of the Holy Ghost
church at 16, but fell away. Asked me if i knew God. I thought I was
suppose to ask that question. I asked him how he could fall away from
God knowing all God did. He said David did. Then suggested the best
vitamin for a Christian was "B1".
 
I get back on the bus and begin thinking... Bud says, 'Do you know
God?' He's sitting on a bench outside a quikstop at midnight and he
wants to know if i know God. It gets me thinking. Do I know God?
What does knowing God mean?
 
Do you know God? How does one know someone else? It seems to me you
know someone by your senses. You recognize their appearance, their
touch or even their smell. We are all unique that way. So, how is it
I know God?
 
I can't smell God. I can't physically see Him. I can't touch Him.
So how is it, I can know Him? The Word says, "by their fruits you
shall know them.' It's partially by the fruits of God that I know
Him. But possibly the opportunity to know God through our Spirit is
far greater than any knowing Him in the flesh.
 
I'm beginning to believe the Spirit world dwarfs the physical world as
we know it.
 
Bud knows...
 
To know God, requires being able to identify Him. To identify
requires knowing His attributes. God resides in the Spirit world, but
makes His presence known in the physical world. What is the best and
most available place to start getting to know Him? Read. consume His
Word. Make it a part of you. If feeding on His Word in not a part of
your daily nourishment, you may not really want to know Him.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: