Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jesus FREAK!


It is late at night or early morning on the bus. It is dark except
for my light overhead. Everyone wishes they were asleep or somewhere
else. The bus incessantly groans on...
 
The moon is bright. The desert stars are twinkling. I am impressed
to gaze and ponder life's journey.
 
As I have journeyed through life, there have veen times when I bumped
into a Jesus Freak. It was that unique person that seemed obsessed
with God. He was always an encouragment, but still seemed a bit odd.
Being a Jesus Freak was ok with me for them. But not for me. I just
didn't have the passion and they were a bit odd.
 
Today, I sense a continued transformation of my heart. There is a new
found boldness to share Christ but even more a fresh interest and
desire for others to know Jesus. Somewhere in the mix and
transformation of my heart, I suspect there is a "Jesus Freak" being
born.
 
I am content to go down this road in my pursuit of God. I am ok with
being odd. I wonder where God plans on using me as He develops His
person in me.
 
I suppose Jesus is the ultimate Jesus Freak. We are to take on the
qualities of Christ. I look forward to seeing how Jesus develops His
freaky qualities in me.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: