Friday, March 13, 2009

When does God know to save you?


Growing up in the Sierra Nevadas, we had to be creative about simple things like swimming.  There were not in close public swimming pools.  As I remember it, the closest one was pretty creepy.  There was green moss growing on the bottom of a concrete pool.  I wasn't much into sliding into the concrete pond.
 
What we did have was a gravel pit with nice clean naturally filtered water.  The bottom was smooth pebbles and the water fresh.  My dad would run us kids over there in his '59 VW.  As I remember it, my sister was not much of a swimmer.  Considering she became one of the first female park rangers in the US, seems a bit of a contridiction.
 
Anyway, the story is told that my sister was coaxed into a swim.  My brother or I may have pushed her in.  I don't know.  We weren't very tolerant of Lou Lou Belle.  Sorry sis.  Just had to throw the nickname in there.  Ha! 
 
She went under and started taking on water.  I don't know how many times she went under, but they say it was a miracle she survived.  I just wonder how many times God let's us go under before He steps in and saves us.  Any thoughts?

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: