Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Starbucks Supports the Homeless


I met Mike the homeless guy outside Starbucks today. He was looking
for cans in the Starbucks trash. Oddly, I didn't think twice about
grabbing my camera and running outside to talk to Mike. He had his
grocery cart, cans and sign. He wore headphones and hat. He had one
tooth showing as he smiled.
 
You can view his video at http://isrv.org/?p=2094.
 
I asked if he could use a couple of bucks for lunch. He quickly
agreed he was starving. Then looked at his stomach and said he was at
least hungry. It seemed perfectly natural to tell him I was writing a
book and would he like to be in it? He said sure and I explained my
book was titled, "God Spots". Did he ever have God authenticate His
presence in his life?
 
Mike didn't even have to think about it. He didn't need multiple
takes in front of a camera to get it right. His response was sincere,
easy and real. He quickly gave his "ONE" minute testamony. I was
amazed. Here was a guy picking up cans for a living and he is more
articulate than me. Federico recognizes where he said he grew up as
being affluent.
 
We as affluent believers with every opportunity, struggle to craft a
believable one minute testimony. Mike with no opportunity or lost
opportunity doesn't even need a script. He loves God and eagerly
shares.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: