Saturday, March 28, 2009

God Works in the Circumstance


My mom and dad invested many years of their life sharing Christ with those locked in prison.  There were a few people confined that had a significant impact on my parents.  Larry was one of those inmates.  I've really lost track of how many times Larry was mentioned in a family gathering when they talked about God's work in prison.  My dad had the honor and pleasure of leading Larry to a personal relationship with Christ.
 
Last week Larry and his wife visited my mother.  It was a very encouraging time for mom as she is unable to get out much.  In the conversation about church it was discovered that two of their grown kids go to Grace Point (the church my family attends).  The dad greets people coming in the door.  I've shaken his hand coming in the door and one thing that stands out about the guy is his incredible smile.
I am impressed with the God Spot (God authenticating His presence).  My attention is drawn to the circumstance of us both ending up at the same church.  God works in the circumstance, it our responsibility to be faithful in the response.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: