Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm an idiot!


"And who do you think made the human mouth? And who makes some mute, some deaf, some sighted, some blind? Isn't it I, God? So, get going. I'll be right there with you—with your mouth! I'll be right there to teach you what to say." Moses said, "Oh, Master, please! Send somebody else!"  God got angry with Moses.
 
Many will jump all over this verse as something that justifies their belief that their is no God.  After all, why would God make some deaf, some sighted, some blind? Why is that? I don't have an answer and God is not required to answer.  It is interesting that God proved His existance to Moses by claiming responsibility for creating handicap people. 
 
I'm a bit like Moses.  God said it.   I don't understand it.  I believe it.  The nonbeliever would say I'm an idiot.  But I have a physics degree and have worked as a physicist and research scientist.  That creates a problem for the nonbeliever.  How can I be creditable and yet believe the Word of God?  It's all a bit confusing to the believer and the nonbeliever.
 
But it is worth considering what is truth? 

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: