Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love is the Greatest Commandment


A week later with vacation time burned and several hundred dollars from friends and family, I am back from a round trip bus ride between Texas and California.  It was great having Freddy with me.
 
I was asked what was the most memorable experience? Several things come to mind, but seeing Freddy's grandmother's face light up when she saw Freddy is at the top of the list.  It is an incredible passionate love that is unconditional.  The grandmother is 96 years old and wise.
 
If I were asked what benefit did I gain from the trip, I believe it is a deeper appreciation for the greatest commandment of all, "Love one another".  It is easy to love my wife, Cora.  It is easy to love my son and others in our family.  It is not so easy to love those on a bus.
 
Most get on the bus with a protective impenetrable shield about them.  It is selfish and filled with hurt and dashed dreams.  Most feel like life has not treated them fairly and probably rightfully so.  They are ok with letting you experience and take part in their frustrations.  When someone is shouting vulgarities at you, it is tough following the greatest commandment of all.  Love.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: