Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"There is a force most powerful, ever drawing you to a life of energetic freedom, blazing with holiness."~priest

"A New Life: What a God we have!"~Peter

Some days it is easier than others to get up and say, "Today, I choose to serve the Lord."  It really is a choice.  You go to bed tired from a day's work.  You wake up refreshed or maybe you wake up tired.  But inevitably you wake up.  The question is: from the rising of the sun to the setting of same, what will you choose to do?

Peter recommends: "As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God’s life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, “I am holy; you be holy.” "

In my life's seasons, I have at times been energetic for God.  I have tried to do the things I thought God wanted me to do.  I have even been willing to be shaped by thoughts of who I thought were Godly people.  Inevitably, God's people would let me down or at least I figured they did because I would be disappointed and my season of obedience would end.

It's not like that so much anymore.  I still have hurt from what other people have done and I still am disappointed with the outcome of other people's performance, but now it seems my life is more centered on God's love and His life.

I really need to adopt Peter's Word on my life and "be pulled into a way of life, shaped by God's life".  Peter is suggesting there is a natural Godly force that "pulls" you into God's way of life.  You don't have to work to get there. You don't have to wonder what to do.  You just have to be willing to be drawn or pulled into God's way.

The truth in being pulled into God's way is the freedom found in the pulling by God.  God's life is one of freedom to be the man or woman God made you to be.  You don't have to be someone else.  Just be you and let God pull you into His ways.  It is that easy.  

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: