Monday, March 29, 2010

"A most amazing think happened to me the other day."~priest

There is a benchmark time in my career and marriage when my bride and
I were not on the same page. I believed God was calling me to serve
as president of a multi-store rental company in Connecticut and my
bride said that was fine, but He wasn't calling her. As the story
unfolds, I accepted the position and with many tears, my bride
accepted my lead. God was gracious in the middle of this struggle and
we have many wonderful stories and adventures to share about our stay
in CT. But that is not the end of the story...

After my job was done in helping to restructure the company, I had the
opportunity to hire and pick my replacement. I don't remember exactly
how we met, but I picked a bright energetic guy named Bryan B. The
owner of the company was pleased with my pick and expressed it by
letting me leave earlier than planned. I am grinning, but it was
something like that.

To my surprise Bryan made contact with me through Facebook. It blew
me away as I had just been thinking, "What ever happened to Bryan?" a
couple days earlier. The last contact had been ten years or so prior.
That was surprising enough, but not the biggest surprise of all.
Bryan is a believer. Not just a believer, but a passionate believer.
How long has it been since you met someone passionate about what Jesus
did for them on the cross?

We are now rapidly catching up and sharing the reality of Christ in
our lives. God is so good. God willing, I think my bus trip to the
east coast just got longer. Maybe I will have the opportunity to put
a face on the God Spot this summer.

God bless you Bryan and family.
archi

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: