Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Father. Forgive me when my earthly desires overshadow my Christ following..."~priest

I just had a most confusing God Spot.  While hanging out at Starbucks during lunch, I overheard a guy next to me setting up sales appointments on his cell phone.  I thought what a great segway into asking, "Have you ever seen God do anything for you?"  So, I asked what he was selling.  Turns out it was insurance.  God bless him.

I listened respectfully to his pitch, but interrupted when he said that most marriages failed because of financial pressures.  I agreed, but questioned if both parties were focused on Christ wouldn't you think the marriage would survive.  He was sure that was NOT the case.  He was firm that it was all about finances, so I asked if He had ever seen God do anything in his life.  He said he was a Baptist minister and could very definitely remember when he was saved at the age of nine.  I'm guessing that was 60 years, ago.

Now, I am not Baptist bashing.  I am a Baptist, but I am a follower of Christ first.  My confusion is a disbelief on his part that Christ was the answer to divorce and then advertising himself as a Baptist minister.  I really don't get it.  Christ is always the answer.  If Christ is not the answer, you need to take down your shingle: "Baptist Minister Here".

I am just saying and can't type fast enough to share my astonishment.  "Father.  Forgive me when my earthly desires overshadow my Christ following..."~priest  

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: