Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"There are few things of more value than friendship. Ichabod is my friend."~priest

Guest Post by my friend: 

ichabod

Hi Archie;

He is quite a character :)

You ask a lot of questions on this blog, probably a lot more than I do on mine and I thought I asked a lot.

Today the word simple came to my mind. It seems to me that politics, finance, world affairs and religion including faith is no longer simple, but you need an advanced degree in unraveling BS to get to some semblance of what appears to be true.

For me everything is simple, including faith. I have one God, who I assume is the same as yours and that is it.

Everything else can wait in line. :)

For me, my faith is the only one that stands the test. If I don’t have a bible, koran or anything else it doesn’t matter.

I truly believe for the mentally challenged and others who can not or have not heard what the missionaries try and teach, they have their faith in one God. We have this built into our system somehow, like genes which predetermine hereditary diseases and so forth.

We have a better understanding of some things than before, but no one knows it all.

For me, my faith is a God Spot, even if it doesn’t correspond to other people’s definition of righteousness.

For I cherish peace, am compassionate (I hate to see someone cry or suffer) and am not a murderer.

Some may say that is not enough. I say why not?

But we are human.

You know I read your stuff, if I agree or not I don’t hesitate to throw my two cents worth in and I think you are a character worth knowing, even if I don’t always agree with you :)

In other words thanks :)

Comment by ichabod | March 17, 2010 | Edit

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: