Monday, March 29, 2010

"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the sign?"~priest

I've been thinking about sincere believers who are wrong. I know I
must be wrong in some of the things I believe, because my beliefs have
changed over time. As I've gotten older, I've become much more
tolerant of the rules and regulations of salvation. The rules have
become insignificant when compared to the grace available. I believe
my life has become much richer.

I think as a believer begins enjoying his place of authority among
other believers, he or she may discover they don't have all the
answers but they like the position. The believers that look up to
them begin maturing in their faith and the one in positional authority
begins to feel threatened. The solution can be easy for them. They
just have to have all the answers. If they don't know something, they
can add logic with impure motive and have an answer for everything.

God's way is simple. By faith and believing that Jesus died for your
sins and rose again is the backbone of all true religion. It is the
other stuff that is not so clear, that leaders begin providing answers
for, when really God intended to keep as a mystery.

So I'd say if you are being led by someone that has all the answers,
he/she is a fraud or you are not asking the right questions. Only
Jesus had all the answers. Also if you are one giving all the
answers, consider the consequences promised by God for those that lead
another astray.

As for signs...

And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you
woah!

Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

And the sign said anybody caught trespassing would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and yelled at the house, Hey! what gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in
If God was here, he'd tell you to your face, man you're some kinda sinner

Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: