Thursday, March 18, 2010

If "Jesus wept" is the shortest verse, this is the most abused verse"~priest

"This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you. Ask in my name, according to my will, and he'll most certainly give it to you. Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks!

I bet in my lifetime I have prayed this verse hundreds of times.  There is incredible power in praying the Words of the creator of the universe.  Think about it.  God spoke, ie He used Words to create the universe.  It doesn't get more powerful than that.  He honors us with sharing a few of His Words and promises results.  So what is problem?

The problem is me.  I want everything.  Gimme this.  Gimme that.  Most of it not in tune with His will and certainly not in keeping with the things He has previously revealed.  But I keep praying.  Sometimes, I get the results I want, because I happen to pray according to His will and in keeping with His revelations.

My prayers are kind of like a shotgun blast.  When I first started praying, I had a wide spread to the pattern of shot.  Over the years the pattern has been choked down to a more tight spread.  I suspect there will come a day in eternity when the spread will be defined by a single shot.  Then, God will answer every time and with a smile on His face.  

My encouragement to you is pray, a lot.  Sometimes even in your ignorance, you will hit the target.  God bless!

ENJOY THE DAY!
archi

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: