Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"If God would tell me, "Why?", I'd be more inclined to follow through."~priest

Sometimes God gives us very specific instructions to follow.  Many times they don't seem to make much sense because He doesn't always tell you "Why?" 

If God would tell me, "Why?", I'd be more inclined to follow through.  But then again, if God told me why, faith would not be required or it might give me room for negotiation.  Jesus gave these specific instructions...

"Keep your eyes open as you enter the city. A man carrying a water jug will meet you. Follow him home. Then speak with the owner of the house: The Teacher wants to know, 'Where is the guest room where I can eat the Passover meal with my disciples?' He will show you a spacious second-story room, swept and ready. Prepare the meal there."

There have been times in my life when I have heard God speak directly to me.  The voice was not audible, but it was undeniable.  If I have an ear to hear, I usually hear Him daily.  Having an ear to hear for me is to consciously choose to rid myself of distractions and chat with God.  Tell Him about my day.  Express my love for Him.  Tell Him I am seeking to do and be whatever He wants.  It is then or maybe a little later He will impress upon me, His wishes.

I use to think if God task me to do something, it meant I had to go save someone.  I had to tell someone about heaven and hell.  In the midst of my telling, I had to successfully sell them on Jesus.  It's not like that so much anymore and I enjoy life a whole lot more.

Today, when God puts the bug in my ear to stop and chat with someone.  That is what I do.  I chat.  No pressure.  No demands.  Just friendly chat.  I ask about how the day is going.  I try to ask questions of things that are interesting to them.  Somewhere in the conversation and in a very relaxed and non-confrontational way, I tell them what is going on in life.  The conversation is 80% them and 20% me.  In that 20% is God.  

So if I were you, forget trying to figure out what God wants you to say.  Just chat, but mostly listen.  God will interject His thoughts as He wants in the conversation.  What use to seem like a guilt ridden challenge to do for God, has become a natural experience of life with God doing what He wants, when He wants.  He doesn't need me, but He might choose to use me if I am willing.

Today, go make a friend.  Listen to his thoughts.  If God has a word, give it.  Otherwise, just love them for who they are.  You will experience the freedom in Christ you were designed to be.  For me, I chase God Spots.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: