Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Not now, it's almost dinner time - you need to wait for your cookie."~God

Guest post by: Miriam Trainer March 4 at 1:21pm 

I hope I'm not confused about "prayer". I pray about a lot of things knowing that God loves me and always wants the best for me so I will become the woman He desires me to be. I know He is not a vending machine where you put in a dime and get a million dollar answer. I also know that like my analogy of my relationship with my children there are times when I pray and God says, "not now, it's almost dinner time - you need to wait for your cookie." 

Archie, the most astounding prayer I have ever heard and seen answered was when I was 23 and in labor with my second daughter. My soon-to-be ex-husband helped another woman conceive so I was very alone. I didn't want to just lay in the bed so my doctor let me sit with my Mom and Dad in the visiting area. An elderly lady named Mrs. Harper was talking with my parents and then all of a sudden she asked if she could pray for me. 

My parents had evidently told her my "sad tale". Mrs. Harper got down on her creaking knees in front of me and took my hands in hers. She began to pray that God would deliver me and my pain would be gone. As she said, "amen" my membranes ruptured right there and I had to walk to the delivery table because of shift changes. 

My doctor had predicted my delivery at 8:00 ish the next morning, but is was only 8:30 p.m. The nurse helped me onto the delivery table, but my doctor was not to be found. I remember hearing a woman's voice screaming and then a baby crying. My second daughter was born with a massive birth defect (spina bifidia) and was paralyzed from the waist down. 

However, prayers from so many were sent to God's throne. Three days later there was feeling in her limbs. She went on to have surgery on her spine and today walks, runs, rides horses and has a very normal life. 

I am so thankful/grateful for Mrs (Momma) Harper's prayers. I think a long period in the birth canal could have done even greater damage to this precious baby girl.

God answers prayers in ways we could never imagine. Even for a nonbeliever like me.....I always thought I was like the cripple on the mat lowered thru the ceiling. I didn't have faith, but the faith of a few friends had enough.

Miriam

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: