Monday, March 15, 2010

"Father, help the guy fall in love with The Message".~priest

I once wore a t-shirt with a single word written in BOLD RED ink.  JESUS was the word.  Every where I went, it invoked a reaction.  Some people opening embraced it.  Others openly confronted it.  Most avoided it.  I found the reaction to me interesting.  I was the same person, with or without the JESUS shirt.
 
Today, I handed a copy of "The Message" to a guy in Einstein's bagel. I was sitting adjacent to him.  I thought, "Yes.  I will give him, "The Message"."  Then, I thought, "No.  I won't give him The Message."  The guy looked quite professional, but a bit serious.  The thought of giving him The Message made me uncomfortable, but the thought of disobedience to my Father was even more uncomfortable.  I gave the guy, "The Message" as I left.
 
He accepted my gift. He said, "Thank you" and put it aside.  He seemed a bit put out at The Message.  It may have been that he was even expressing an anger at The Message.  I couldn't tell for sure, but his reaction validated my discomfort. 
 
As I drove off, I prayed.  God, help me to not take rejection personally.  Father, help the guy fall in love with The Message. 

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: