Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Father. Forgive me. I desire to be a superhero!" ~priest

Last night I had a feeling that it was time for me to do that which I do well.  It has been a long time since I had this feeling that once came natural to me.  It was as if I was being encouraged to begin thinking through the process of creating a startup venture.  I am good at being creative and considering all the angles to begin a new work.  It was a wonderful feeling.  It makes me think I am closer to becoming whole, again.

In thinking about Paul, he was the king of startups.  He took his passion and love for Christ and let it drive him forward in the creation of churches.   It takes a lot of energy, confidence and passion to start even one single venture.  Paul started a series of churches across his continent with no startup capital.  He let the project self fund.  I like projects which self fund, because it proves the validity of the enterprise.

The last couple of years has been a time when God has exercised His handiwork in my recreation.  I am not the man I once was.  I am now a superhero.   You say, "What a braggard! You always think it is about you!"  That's ok for you to think that, it doesn't change the fact that through Christ, I am a superhero.  With Christ my weakness is made strong, really strong! 

Think about it. Maybe you too, are of superhero class.  I talk directly to the creator of the universe.  Can you do that?  I ask the God of the angel armies to do battle for me.  Can you do that?  I fall on my face before this God unable to say anything, but, "Jesus.  Jesus.  Jesus....." Can you do that?  I tell the God of all gods, I love Him and desire to spend time with Him.  Can you do that?  I tell Him I am in awe of the sky, the trees, the sea, His creatures and the air I breath.  Can you do that?

I pondered about this thought and feeling that was refreshing to me.  It was odd to consider having these feeling of "startup", because I had no venture in mind.  It is usual at this stage to already know what the project is and I begin the process of brainstorming about all the possibilities.  Last night, I had nothing.  The uniqueness of the desire and no inspiration of which way to go, makes me think the prospect is of God.  Doesn't He seem to work that way?

From a vantage point of knowing it is time and not knowing what to do, launches tremendous faith.  To say to God, "Father.  I don't know what you want me to do, but I am willing." , takes guts.  It requires total submission and a faith in a God that loves you, believing there is no better way than His way.  It requires superhero status. 

Maybe you too, through Christ desire superhero status?  It is available to all, but few have the guts to accept it, much less live it out.  Maybe today is the day, you fall on your face before God and cry, "Father.  Forgive me.  Help me! I desire to be a superhero!"  

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: