Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So the guy says, "I love you". What next?

Thought you might enjoy reading a humorous side of missionary work... Thanks Darrel.
 

"Hey Peeps,

I did arrive in Burkina Faso about 3 and half hours earlier that John thought I would.  So, I was outside of the airport and everyone was trying to get me to take a taxi.  I was like uuummm no....I didn't want to tell them the truth which what, "I have no clue where I am supposed to be going?"  But, I thought to myself, "self act cool, just look around like you know what you are doing."  So, after about 45 minutes passed, I began to get curious.  So, I started to look for a phone number to call... but dum dum dum...I had no number.  So, I began mapping plan B in my head...American Embassy if all else fails.  So, a few of the men that had been asking me to take there taxi just stood there and watched me.  A gentleman by the name of Yacouba started to speak pretty good English to me.  He kept asking me which hotel I was staying at blah blah blah.  Then he said I could use his phone to call a friend.  I was like, ummmm it would be to the USA.  So, he purchased a sim card for his phone for me to call (I told him when my friend go here he would pay him)....I only had US dollar on me and Crystal was not born yesterday.  So, we began callin the numbers I had and nothing...so I was thankful that I had forgotten to give my phone to my mom because I had Darrel's info in it.  Called Darrel and couple of times no anwer.  Then my new friend told me that he loved me very very much and that he wanted to take me out for a beer and dinner (he will pay he kept saying)  I explained to him that was never going to happen.  Apparently, the more I resisted the more adorable I became...he then said we must get married, I am the woman for him.  He was like lets take you to a hotel to wait for your friends, I said uummm no... I said to him...let me try my friend again and called and Darrel answered, yeah!  So, John came shortly after that.  Yacouba gave me his phone number and address and told me I must to call him, he loves me.  Too much fun!  I know this is a fun story but please know...I am so thrilled to be here, God is so good.

 

Plans for the day:

We are looking at purchasing a house/school.  The people staying a year long will stay in the building where the school will be.

 

Please be in prayer for that.

 

Okay, gotta go we are about to meet...but know I am here and well. and John has already started his evil plot of getting me to stay a year.

 

Amazed by His Grace,

Crystal Wilson"
 
http://www.1stchurch.org.  You'll find 37stories there and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: