Monday, July 13, 2009

Is it possible to be in the presence of God and not know it?

Do you think it possible to be in the presence of God and not know it?
 I'm talking about the God that created the universe and gave life to
you at birth. The same God whose Glory is described as being so
brilliant the sun seems dim in comparison. The God that parted the
Red Sea for hours, sent plagues to get mankind's attention and healed
my dad from leukemia.
 
Is it possible to be in His presence and not know it. I ask this
because I've been told that after one prays the believer's prayer,
after a period of time you might not feel the presence of God any
longer. The same person said, 'Don't worry about it. Just because
the feeling is gone doesn't mean God is gone." I believed it. The
guy was obviously smarter than me.
 
David speaks of the dark times of his soul. Those times in his life
when he didn't know the presence of God. I can buy that thought,
because God can do what He wants such that we have the opportunity to
grow in His favor. But that's not what I'm talking about. But if
ever it happened, I'd be fearful.
 
What I question is the lack of feeling His presence as a way of life.
You don't know if He is there or not and quite frankly don't care.
Have you been there? I've been there, but it has never been at a time
when I was seeking after God. It was always at a time when I was
forgetful of God's place in my life. I was not openly rebellious
toward God. He just wasn't important. I didn't feel His presence.
 
So to the guy that says, "Don't worry about not feeling the presence
of God". I say, "Hum bug" and if you don't feel God's presence as a
way of life, find someone that does. Discover his secret before it is
too late.
 
http://37stories.wordpress.com . You'll find archie and his friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: