Saturday, July 25, 2009

Creativity Can Get You In Trouble

I grew up with a sister and brother, both older than me.  I worked at being the class clown and most of the time succeeded.  People like a clown.  People are not so fond of smart.  People should stop and consider it takes being smart to really be funny.  But sometimes, the creativity that goes along with smart can get you in trouble.
 
My sister was watching me or some would say, babysitting me one day.  I had been goofing around outside with my friend and broke a pocket knife blade in half.  I instantly fell upon the opportunity.  I went in the house and got ketchup.  I pressed the broken blade against my upper arm and pored ketchup around the blade.  It was an awesome looking wound.
 
I then went running through the house screaming looking for my older sister.  It worked.  She screamed and turned white as a sheet.  It seems she might have even cried a bit if she hadn't been so mad.  I felt bad.  I think maybe I had gone just a little too far, but it did create a quite the unique memory. 
 
I wonder if my sis remembers the event as well as I.  Probably better... :]
 
Thanks for visiting http://37stories.wordpress.com with Archie and all his friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: