Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Job was a pretty confident guy. Maybe even an optimist.

I have always been a pretty confident guy.  I'd set my mind at doing something and usually was successful at accomplishing the task.  Confidence is an interesting quality.  With confidence it is easy to assume comments made toward you are either meant to encourage or just have no impact at all. Insults typically don't even impact. 
 
As an example: If someone says, "You'd look good with your hair short."  I can feel complemented about my hair or I can be offended that they don't like my current hair. During the days of confidence in my life, I would feel complemented.  After having my confidence stripped away, I am easily offended.  That is not a good thing.
 
I'm not an analyst or shrink by any stretch of the imagination, but I think how comments are received are a function of self esteem.  Sometimes it is difficult to look at a glass as being half full anymore.  But, I think it is a matter of choice.  I daily choose to think about the good found in people and not interpret their actions as bad or intended to hurt.  This is sometimes a daily or even hourly struggle, but I think it is worth the effort.
 
Just as a point of clarification. I don't think everything someone does or says is good.  I just think it important to find the good in whatever the situation.  It is true when God says all things work together for the good of those that love the Lord. This proves out the thought that the glass is truly half full.  Good can be found in everything.
 
Visit http://37stories.wordpress.com.  You'll meet Archie and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: