Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Everyone is a Christian these days, what's the big deal?

It's true.  Almost everyone is Christian these days.  To prove my point, ask any of your friends if they are Christian.  9 out of 10 or maybe even more will say, "Sure!"  That should bring comfort to you knowing that the guys that say we live in a postChristian society are wrong. But, what I want to know is why do you lock your doors at night?
 
I think the Catholics have done a lot of the right things.  Seriously.  No one stands more firmly against abortion than the Catholics.  The pope and Oh'Bama were chatting about it last week and the pope wants our president to rethink His attitude toward abortion.  It won't happen, but it is a good thought.
 
Also, the Catholics have figured out they are running short on priests.  It's probably for a lot of reasons, but it is probably related to the same issue as everyone is a Christian these days.  It is much easier to be a Christian than a priest.  There is always an issue of dealing with burning desires.
 
As a believer in "The Way", the Word says that I am a member of the Priesthood of Believers.  That is pretty cool.  Imagine.  What this descriptor does for me is it immediately pulls me out or separates me from the crowd of Christians that belong to the world.
 
So, I think I am going to describe myself as priest.  If someone asks me if I am a Christian, I will say, "Sure! I am also a priest.  I just choose to wear blue jeans and pull over shirt. The backwards collar thing gets in the way of my janitor job."  The next time you see me, feel free to address me as Priest Archie.  Don't call me father.  I'm not your dad.  I kinda like the sound of Priest.  Yep! 

Visit http://37stories.wordpress.com.  You'll meet Priest Archie and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: