Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ever had a bad day or maybe a bad life? David did.

Listen to a song David wrote. Imagine him singing it...
 
For I am poor and needy,
and my heart is wounded within me.
 
I fade away like an evening shadow;
I am shaken off like a locust.
 
My knees give way from fasting;
my body is thin and gaunt.
 
I am an object of scorn to my accusers;
when they see me, they shake their heads.
 
Help me, O LORD my God;
save me in accordance with your love.
 
Does this sound like a "man after God's heart"? What it tells me is
that will be times in our life that really stink. I mean the time
will be dead, dark, ugly, rank and smell of death. Others will laugh
and point at the weakness of your God. But....
 
There is a BIG BUT here. The BUT of it is God is big enough to hear
your cries for help if you are big enough to seek him out
persistently. David did not get "thin and gaunt" because God flew in
flying a magic carpet. God let things work out in David's life such
that he truly was a man seeking after God's heart.
 
I can easily believe David's accuser's got what they deserved
according to David's request and God's sovereignty. So don't give up
the fight. Stay faithful. Claim God's promise that "All things work
together for those that LOVE the Lord". It is conditional. You must
love. God already does. AWESOME!
 
http://37stories.wordpress.com
Visit archie and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: