Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is God still in the business of speaking or has Facebook taken over?

I Facebook a bit and blog a lot. I asked myself the other day, "Self.
Why do you blog? Why not quit, get rid of the snow and watch TV? It'd
be a lot easier. Nobody reads it anyway." Now where the heck did
that thought come from? I love to blog.
 
I am a goal oriented person. I need a goal to be happy. If I don't
have a goal, life really stinks for me. When I find myself without a
goal, I pray and read God's Word with the prayer on my mind and lips,
"God. What's next? Are you done with me?"
 
If God were done with me, I'd just assume go on home. I like the idea
of spending eternity with a God that loves me. In my prayer of
questioning God what was next in my life, He gave me a very strong
thought.
 
It is tough to describe the difference between a God thought and just
my own usually thought process, but there is a uniqueness about His
communication of a thought. It is bold and clear without any
hesitation and usually preceded by my obedience in reading His Word,
prayer and focus on Him.
 
This thought I believe to be of God was very clear in direction, but
absolutely impossible to achieve in my own abilities. This is not
unusual for God. It is so ridiculous, I didn't even hardly know what
He was talking about. So today at 1:33 AM, I ponder the thought and
begin researching the idea He has given.
 
Have you seen the hilarious movie, "What about Bob?" For him and I,
it is all about baby steps. God gives me a thought. I faithfully
respond in whatever way I can with what I have and then begin the
preparation for the next step. Today, the process is research to
understand the thought. It is that basic. I am trying to understand
what will be required to get to the next step. I'm not trying to
solve the complete puzzle. I'm just trying to faithfully get to the
next step.
 
What has God put on your heart? What is your next step?

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: