Wednesday, July 15, 2009

If I'd only known, life would have been different...

David knew there was a number assigned to the length of his life even
before he was born. I like to think that without sin that number
would have been an eternal number. But initially because of what Adam
and Eve did and later because of what you and I do, that number may be
shortened. I don't know for sure, it just seems that way.
 
When God wrote your number in His book of life, did he take into
account the time you drank so much you passed out? Did he have to draw
a line through your number and take off a day? Or remember the years
you worked excessively, did he have to deduct some days off? Or how
about the smoking or gluttony? Did he have to mark through the number
again?
 
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
 
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
 
Man is like a breath;
his days are like a fleeting shadow.
 
I think it is time for you and I to spend a minute and ask forgiveness
for all the lines God may have drawn through your number and the
things you will not have the opportunity to do because of the sin in
your life that takes the days away.
 
http://37stories.wordpress.com. You'll find 37stories there and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: