Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I feel like a pit bull on a chain!

I use to buy and sell ugly houses for a living and sometimes I'd run up against a crazy glassy eyed pit bull.  Not just run of mill crazy, but junk yard dog mean.  You know, the kind Jim Croce use to sing about. 

One time I was inspecting a vacant house in a bad neighborhood.   As I swung around back there was the ugliest, meanest pit bull dog I had ever seen and it was running full speed at me.  I knew I was only going to have one chance to save myself with the swing of the big flashlight I had.  As the pit bull charged, I made note of the chain link fence between he and I.  I was feeling more comfortable with my future when I saw him heading for the hole in the fence, only he knew about.

As he darted through the hole at breakneck speed and only a few feet away, the chain he was tethered to jerked his neck so hard I thought it was going to break.  It definitely slowed him down enough to consider walking meekly back into his yard.  I can testify to what an adrenaline rush feels like.  Ha!

i say this as an introduction to a thought and a question I don't have an answer to.  I'm hoping you might.  I'm contrasting the thought of serving a God of "just enough" versus serving a God of "abundance".  I've seen God work both ways, but it seems more times then not He is a God of just enough.  Have you noticed that? My dad use to say, "God is never late.  God is never early.  God is always on time."

Here's my thought and I'm hoping you will help me work through it.  I think you serve a God of "just enough" when you do what you want to do and then ask God along for help.  I think you serve an abundant God when you see where He is working and He invites you to step into His work. 

What do you think?  I think this principle if true, could be one of the most important truths to incorporate in my life.  So tell me....

http://www.1stchurch.org.  You'll find 37stories there and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: