Thursday, June 4, 2009

... a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

I am blessed.  I heard a guy say yesterday, that Billy Graham would be happy if 5% of his converts were still faithful today.  These are the ones who prayed the "Believers Prayer" and it stuck.  My wife was one of those. 
 
I invited her to a Graham crusade in San Antonio almost 40 years, ago.  It was the only way my Southern Baptist mother would let me see her.  We sat at the top of the bleachers and made paper airplanes from the bulletins.  It was great fun.
 
Then, the song "Just as I am" was sung and Cora couldn't get down the bleachers fast enough.  She wanted to give her life to Jesus.  We hadn't listened consciously to anything that was said from Billy.  It was just Cora's time.  She was faithful in doing the mail order correspondence course for new believers and she has been faithful ever since.
 
Surely, "...a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: