Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cora said, "Ask the question."

The EPIC life group was eating dinner at the Cowboy capital of the world.  For you folks that are not from around here, that is Bandera, Texas.  We were finishing up the chit chat and my wife says to me, "Ask the question".  (You know me.  Always obedient. Ha!)  I look at the waitress and ask if she has ever seen God do anything?  Immediately, she responded rather boldly, "Absolutely!" 

I was a bit surprised.  There was nothing in her demeanor that would have obviously drawn me to Christ.  There were jokes about how much rum there was in the bread pudding and inferences about what she liked spurs for, but nothing that would lead me to expect such a bold answer about God. 

It makes me wonder.  In the 3 or 4 minutes a waitress has to serve a group, is there opportunity for a message that says, "I've seen God work, ABSOLUTELY!"?  Of course the question follows, "What message do you pass to casual acquaintances?

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: