Monday, June 15, 2009

Ever asked God for blessings as you tossed Him in a briar patch?

I'm loving a 90 day Bible read.  Most of my life, I tried to read the Bible and grew tired and bored in the first few chapters.  Are you a lot like I was?  I really don't know what the problem was.  I could read a little, but it took discipline and there was little desire other than I knew it was the right thing to do.
 
Then something happened a couple years back.  My life crashed and the Word was where I found sanity, reason, encouragement, confidence and desire to love.  I had a pastor friend tell me one time his seminary training in studying the Word drove his love out.  It took years to get his love for the Word back.  So, there is something about being in love with the Word and not just knowing it is a good book you should read.
 
I say all this because I have no doubt I will read the Word in 90days.  I could do it in less because I find myself anxious for the program to flip the page to the next day's reading.  The program doesn't allow you to get ahead, so it builds up an anticipation for me to get to the next day's reading.
 
Consider the trials, sufferings, struggles or just the frustrations of life itself.  You may be smart enough to know that God is the answer, but you don't know the question.  The question you keep asking God is when will you show yourself?  When will you save me?  When will you do something for me to get me out of this situation?  I know.  I have been there.
 
The better question to ask is, "God.  What do you require of me to find you in my life?"  I have an answer and it comes out of the life of Moses.  God requires obedience from you.  You are to do ALL that He says.  He didn't ask Moses to tell the people to just follow some of His commandments.  He told them to follow ALL. 
 
Times have changed from the old to the new testament.  God's requirement of obedience is now filtered through LOVE.  You are to LOVE with all your heart, mind and soul.  This geniune love creates a fertile ground that God will choose to inhabit.  It is unlikely you will be very successful throwing God in the briar patch.
 
True love is found in passionately reading His Word, prayer, meditation and worship (24/7).  Love is put into action through you and into the lives of others.  Love is found in the doing, not in the wanting...
-- 
Check out 1stchurch.org.   You'll find 37stories there and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: