Saturday, June 6, 2009

By the grace of God go I...

Today, a bunch of friends and acquaintenances brought food, music and
friendship to the homeless under the bridge in San Antonio. James was
preaching and the Robert was translating. The people under the bridge
are just like you and I. They struggle and wonder what tomorrow
brings.
 
I chatted "one on one" with a few. It wasn't uncomfortable. They
wanted a friend as much as I.
 
Joe and I prayed. He believes God is calling him into ministry and is
spending much of his time reading God's word. He sleeps in the park.
 
Tim was late. He was held up helping a friend who was having a hard
time. Time loved the worship music.
 
I spoke with an older black man. I wondered if he understood anything
I said. He just nodded his head. As I left. He said, "Thank you,
Archie". He remembered my name. I didn't remember his. Sigh...
 
I spoke to another black man. Well dressed. He had just come from
his daughter's high school graduation. She graduated 2nd in her
class. He showed me the printed publication to prove it. He was very
proud. He didn't get to talk with her. His family moved a while back
and didn't tell him where they were moving.
 
But by the grace go I and possibly you...
 

See and download the full gallery on posterous

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: