Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Theodore Snook is young compared to most

When is the last time you arrived somewhere at a preordained time? During the day, you have a destination in mind and a time table to keep which becomes impossible to attain.  Well, today was one of those days.  It is a longer story than I want to write, because I want to get straight to the God Spot.  But, I ended up in Boerne at what I believe was a preordained time.
 
John Walters hooked me up with a friend of his that needed a washer.  I drove to Boerne to drop it off and was waved in by an older looking guy.  I backed up until he waved me to stop.  I complied.  I stepped outside my truck and we walked over to meet and shake hands.  He immediately shared with me about his experience at "A Walk to Emmaus".  I'm not sure of the spelling.  But his guy was pumped about his experience. 
 
I looked him in eye and asked, "Mr. Snook.  Have you ever seen God do anything for you?"  He leaned forward and got in my face.  Grabbed my hand and said, "Let me tell you!".  I have been a merchant marine for a lifetime.  Before I became captain, I was placed on watch in the midst of a fog so thick you couldn't see the end of the ship.  My captain put me up front to listen and report if I heard anything unusual.  He said, "Run at full speed and don't touch the throttle.  I'm going below deck." 
 
They were in a major shipping channel with freighter like them frequently about.  Mr. Snook prayed.  "God.  I can't see a thing.  We are running at full speed.  Please help..  He said the fog lifted and directly in their path was another freighter.  They were on collision course carrying hundreds of thousands of gallons of gasoline.  He took corrective action and death was avoided.  Immediately, the fog dropped in again and he was blind.  After a period of time, Mr. Snook prayed the same prayer.  The fog was lifted and they were on a collision course with another tanker.  Immediately after taking action the fog settled back in.
 
Mr. Snook said this event took place 4 times during the night.  He prayed. The fog lifted. Death was avoided.  The fog settled back in.  The story is an awesome God Spot, but not what sticks with me.  Theodore Snook is 89 years old.  He has known God as his Lord since he was 35 years old.  His handshake was stronger than mine and twice as big.  He looked in his early 60's.  All that was impactful enough, but that is not what stopped me.
 
It was his eyes.  Mr. Snook's eyes were the eyes of a twenty year old.  He was young.  He had youth.  Truly, the eyes are the window to the soul.  I said I hoped to see him again.  He said quite confidently, "Oh, you will."  Interesting...
 
-
It's new!  http://www.1stchurch.org.  You'll find 37stories there and all my friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: