Friday, June 26, 2009

Thank God or curse the car?

This morning trying to be conscientious, I backed the car out and added water to the radiator before taking my wife to work.  She is opposed to seeing lights flashing on the dash.  Go figure.
 
Anyway, filled up with water and went to restart the car.  It turned over just fine, but it wouldn't start.  Figuring I got something wet I shouldn't have, I dried things out and still no start.  Cora was planning on taking the car and going to a women's overnighter and we were now late for work. 
 
Now the question:  Shall I thank God for protecting us from the unknown or curse the car?  I might prefer cursing the inconvenience, but I love the car and God, so I chose to thank God for protecting us from maybe a car wreck or something.  It seems a few minutes here and there can really make a difference.  Maybe you have avoided a car running a red light or whatever.  You just don't know. 
 
Turns out my newly replaced distributor cap was broken inside.  It could have easily stranded my bride in the hill country at night on the way to her overnighter.  Instead it broke in my drive.  I don't understand how God does it, but He is the master engineer of circumstance...

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: