Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Give two bucks, get four back or so I'm told...

I was at Burger King yesterday, eating a burger and reading a book.  A tatoo'd young man with low rider shorts and a wife beater tee shirt came to my table.  He was hot and sweaty.  The sweat literally dripping off him.  It is summer in Texas.

The guy says to me, "Can I borrow your phone?"  Skeptical, I asked where he was going to take it.  He says he just needed to make a call.  He came from the bus stop and needed to call his sister to get home.  He ran out of bus fare.  I gave him the phone and he called Crystal. 

I offered to give him a ride home and he declined.  I offered him a couple bucks to buy a coke.  He declined again, said he had water.  I insisted and he accepted with a big smile. I suggested he could do the same for me someday.

As I walked out of King Burger, he waved the money at me and yelled, "You'll get 4 back!"  I figure that was a pretty good investment.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: