Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Are you willing to lay down your life?

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:51:45 -0700
From: janinohughes63@yahoo.com
Subject: Update from En Gedi

June 24, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello from Arusha, Tanzania! My team and I are at AIM’s TIMO headquarters, called En Gedi. En Gedi is named after the place where David found refuge in the wilderness when King Saul was out to get him, and this place is certainly a refuge for us now. I wanted to update all of you as well as thank you for your words of encouragement and your prayers.
 
We rushed through Nairobi over the weekend and were able to get basic necessities to get us through the next week or so, and the last two days we have spent with the TIMO leaders doing a debrief. The debrief is to tell all about what happened in Didinga and how we came to evacuate from the area. Everyone is supportive and it’s been a great help to hear from the whole team and get a full view of what we experienced individually and as a team. Now the TIMO leaders and my team will need some time to figure out what our next steps will be from here. No one really knows at this point what we are going to do, whether it’s to continue our TIMO team in Didinga, to be assigned elsewhere as a team, to go back home, or to be assigned individual places in Africa.
 
We are seeking the Lord’s will in this and all of us have a very strong sense that He will be clear in His direction to us. This team has functioned according to God’s plan so far, and already there have been many instances where He has made His will and desire known to us beyond a doubt. We are all confident that this situation is no different, and that our King and Sovereign will reveal His plan to us during this process.
 
On a personal note, my strong preference is to stay in Africa, but I am wrestling with two conflicting desires: to go back to Didinga, and to NOT go back to Didinga. I am willing to lay my life down for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I will if that’s what is required, but I also know that Christ said to shake the dust off of your sandals when you leave a place that is not open to His message of truth. So there it is. I need your continued prayers and encouragement, so keep it coming! I couldn’t do this without each and every one of you.
 
I love you all, I am praying with you and for you, and will keep in touch. I am thankful that God is in control, that He is good and just, and that He will see us through this. FYI: we do have fairly good internet here, though if too many of us are online at the same time we can crash the system, but your emails are welcome at janinohughes63@yahoo.com ; let me know if you want to Skype, too. FACEBOOK is NOT a good option because it takes a lot of bandwidth and I am not likely to be on it.

 

Every breath, every step, every move in Him,

Janette

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: