Friday, May 15, 2009

When You Prayed the "Believer's Prayer", did it STICK?

Many of you that read this blog have prayed "The Believer's Prayer".  Someone likely was holding you in one hand and a Bible in the other.  The prayer went something like this.  Father, I acknowledge that I am a sinner.  I am not perfect.  No man is perfect, but Jesus.  I believe Jesus died on the cross to cleanse me of my sin.  Please forgive me of my sin.  I choose to follow you.  I choose to "EXCHANGE" my life for the life of Christ. 
 
Although I'm sure you prayed with good intent, but did the prayer "STICK"?  I mean years later, are you willing to die for what you believe?  There are some in the world who are willing to strap on a bomb and blow themselves up for what they believe.  Unfortunately, the ones blowing themselves up are dieing for all the wrong reasons. 
 
As for the "STICKINESS" of the prayer you prayed, are you a Christ follower today?  Do you go to sleep at night thankful for what God has done for you, in you and through you?  Do you regret that today has ended and another opportunity to serve God has swept by?  Do you attempt to give away more than you receive?  Seriously!  Do you attempt to give more than you receive?  Do you insure your mate is constantly showered with actions of love?  Do you treat your children with love?
 
I could go on, but why?  The question is simple.  Do you live for self or do you live for Christ?  Answer that question and you'll know whether your prayer STUCK! If you still don't know, ask someone else.  They can probably tell you if they see Jesus in you...
 
For more 37stories...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: