Thursday, May 7, 2009

God Spot - Abraham the homeless guy, McDonalds and bus fare to Helotes.

A couple nights ago, I was accosted by a guy at a gas station dragging one leg and asking for money.  I was annoyed, snarled and threw some change at him to get him to go away.
 
This morning as I drove through the McDonald's on the way to work, a dirty looking guy pushing a grocery cart and wiping his eyes walked in front of my car.  I thought, there goes another homeless guy.  I checked his cart to see if there was anything interesting.  Just a bunch of garbage as best I could tell and I drove off.  But, I did do a "heart check" to see if this was a "God Spot" designed for me.
 
As I tried to get into the flow of miserable traffic, I figured this one was for me and crossed a double yellow line to turn around.  I made my way back to McDonald's and went inside with my biscuit and coffee to give the guy.  He already had his coffee and I offered him the bisquit.  I said Jesus loves you and I will pray for you as I think about you today.  He tipped his hat and said, "Thank you and did I have bus money for him".  I went back to the car and Cora gave me all she had.  I gave him $5 and asked his name.
 
The homeless guy's name was Abraham.  I said that was a great name.  I wonder if when his mother named him Abraham, she thought he might be homeless one day....  As Cora says, "But by the grace of God, go I."
 
For more God Spots...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: