Monday, May 4, 2009

Sing a New Song. But What Song Shall I Sing?


Last night as it was getting close to bed time, I slowed my thoughts down to consider what God might have to say.  He impressed me with a thought. "Sing a new song".  As is many times the case when I think I am impressed with a Word from God, it was an odd thought.  It wasn't tied to anything else I was thinking.  It was just there.  Oddly, out of place.  Then this morning as I began reading His Word on-line, I pondered where should I read.  I had finished Samuel and it was time to move on.  The odd thought of Habakuk comes to mind.  I begin reading only to discover Hababuk 3 is a song...
 
Habakuk questions: "God, how long do I have to cry out for help before you listen? How many times do I have to yell, "Help! Murder! Police!" before you come to the rescue? Why do you force me to look at evil, stare trouble in the face day after day? Anarchy and violence break out, quarrels and fights all over the place. Law and order fall to pieces. Justice is a joke. The wicked have the righteous hamstrung and stand justice on its head..."
 
God responds: "Don't you know that God-of-the-Angel-Armies makes sure nothing comes of that but ashes, Makes sure the harder you work at that kind of thing, the less you are? Meanwhile the earth fills up with awareness of God's glory as the waters cover the sea....   But oh! God is in his holy Temple!  Quiet everyone—a holy silence. Listen!"
Then Habakuk sings:
 
Though the cherry trees don't blossom and the strawberries don't ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty,
I'm singing joyful praise to God. 

I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail, 
I  take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. 
I feel like I'm king of the mountain! "
 
For more God Spots...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: