Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and the First Born..

I trust you and yours had a grand Mother's day celebration.  As is tradition, we had family together and I BBQ'd for all.  Then as with tradition, I picked up dishes and washed them.  It makes the day special for the one I love.  I enjoyed doing the "clean up".  My son served cheesecake as I washed.  It was fun.
 
As we sat at the table, I asked the question, "What was your most memorable Mother's day?" The question was passed around the table and all agreed their most memorable Mother's Day was their 1st celebration after the birth of their 1st born child.  I wish I would have known it was going to be so memorable back when it happened 30+ years, ago.  But, I guess I did ok...
 
On the other hand, I was child number 3.  Nobody said their most memorable Mother's day was their 3rd child.  It goes right along with 3rd hand clothes.  Oh well.  I guess someone has to be 1st and someone has to be last.  Sigh... 
 
For more 37stories

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: