Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Power of God's Word. In response to an email...

I Facebook.  The other day, a friend asked me what I thought about a circumstance in her life.  I said, "I would ponder it".  My thoughts were as follows...
 
I shared the thoughts in this email with Cora and have been pondering.  God bless you for your faithfulness to your children and God.

The answer is really quite simple and might be judged "overworked" because one hears it all the time in Christian circles.  I heard it for many years before it made it from my head to my heart.  So pause a moment, and consider what you already know. 

"Keep your eyes on the creator not on your circumstance."

A tool to accomplish this which Cora helped me discover in circumstances that were incredibly difficult and life changing for us was simple.  Cora opened her heart to what God would say.  She wrote specific verses from God's Word on index cards that I put in a notebook I carried with me everyday.  Frequently, I would take the notecards out, read, ponder and claim the power of God's written Word.

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word." Hebrews

Possibly, this verse might be one to incorporate in your list.  David had 5 stones to slay Goliath and his brothers.  Pick your five stones and load your sling! 

God bless and use this time in your and your family's life to grow closer to Him.  I know you might have preferred I say, "Go to the river and wash 7 times and you will get what you want."  But in God's reality, I believe He might reveal to you what it is you really need to experience His abundance in your life.  That is between you and Him. 

Enjoy the experience knowing that God cares.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: