Saturday, May 9, 2009

VW Jetta gets new lease on life and I'm whipped...

Golly.  I am whipped.  This is day One of my vacation and I needed to replace the A/C on our 1998 VW Jetta.  I was up early.  I started to tear it apart before it got too hot.  I haven't checked the temperature high for the day, but I'm guessing it broke 100 degrees.  Did I say, I am whipped.
 
It's evening now.  Cora fixed me a shrimp salad with some of the incredients from our garden.  She is such a dear.  I am watching PBS and a documentary on secluded settings for vacations.  I am a bit confused.  No where in this documentary do they mention rebuilding your honey's Jetta's A/C unit.  I surfed and checked on the 1st spot recommended in Canada.  I thought we might want to go there.  It was about $10,000 for 3 days.  Even for $10 grand, they don't fix your Jetta's A/C.  I don't know.
 
Anyway, I did a total rebuild on the A/C and just need someone to pump out the A/C so I can recharge it.  Anyone have a buddy that has a vacuum unit to pump the system down?  If so, give me a call.  We probably won't be going to Canada.

For more 37stories...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: