Friday, February 26, 2010

"The world is a mess. Without God there is no hope."~priest

Guest post by a friend of the EPIC family,
Hey y'all.
 
Spent my evening at my sister's house (house-sitting) watching olympics and the dirty dozen, doing laundry, hangin' with her cats. Didn't stay the night, wanted to sleep in my own bed. Left halfway through the movie around 12:25am, arriving at my apartment, there were 2 police cars. As I walked to my building, I saw my neighbor, Maria, distressed, in tears, talking to the cops at her front door. I went up to see her.
 
She had been beaten by her boyfriend.
 
There was another neighbor woman on the phone with Maria's sister, who was on her way. Maria has 2 kids. They were at her parents house. I went upstairs to see her and to offer any assistance.
 
Maria reeked of alchohol and her nose was black & blue, her eyes swollen from the tears, big scratches on her arms and she was just a mess.
 
I can't tell you how it has affected me right now.

Please pray for Maria. Pray she will get help. Pray she will stay away from this man who has abused her. Please pray for this man who is abusive. There is so much abuse around me in this aparment building! The guy next door on the phone with his girlfriend calling her all the names you don't call someone, the couple upstairs who argue throughout the night saying things to each other no one deserves to hear. People are hurting. Jesus came for them. Pray they will know the truth.
 
thanks,
cat


Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: