Saturday, February 6, 2010

God Spots and the price one might pay....

Many of you know I chase God Spots.  A God Spot is defined as a time when God chooses to authenticate His presence and I get to blog about it.  These God Spots are found interwoven throughout my blog 37stories .  

As explanation for the driving motivation in God Spots is there was a time in my life when life's struggle was particularly demanding and I needed God to show me He was alive and well.  I needed the daily encouragement just to pick up my feet and take the next step.  God came through and God Spots became a part of my life.

God Spots has become an integral part of my life and it seems sometimes that God intentionally positions me to take part in a piece of life He has orchestrated.  Make sense?

So many of you know that follow God Spots, I have been having incredible headaches.  I've been to the doc and had a head MRI.  My wife knew they would find anything (that is my wife's joke).  The doc put me on Midrin and it does a pretty good job of numbing the pain, but it is always there.

So here is the deal.  No amount of praying has fixed my head.  So I have been considering my options.  I am an army veteran and there is a Veteran's hospital in San Antonio, so I am going to go there in search of a solution I can afford.  Thank you for paying your taxes.  I'll be a recipient of your graciousness.  :)

The deeper thought of going to the Veterans Hospital is possibly God is creating the circumstances such that I am once again positioned in the midst of God Spots.  It follows in the footsteps of being tossed in jail unexpectantly a couple of months ago and being able to share my faith from the inside.  I hit an all time high in blog readership that week (several thousand readers thrilled me!).  

So do me a favor if you please.  I believe in the power of prayer.  As you read this pray for a couple of things.  Don't wait 'til later.  Likely, you will forget.  First, pray that the circumstances of my past are put to rest (ie jail).  Second, pray that I fall in the middle of gigantic God Spots as I work my way through the Veteran's hospital.  I suspect there will be plenty of opportunity to see God at work.  

That's about it.  The head hurts and it is time for God to authenticate His presence.  ~just sayin'... the priest.

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: