Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Met a friend from India today..

I was changing letters in our church's marquee today and noticed an older gentleman walking along the sidewalk.  He was looking up at the sky and not in a particular hurry.  I had an extra Bible in the truck and wondered if I should chat with him.  He kept walking and I kept working.

Probably an hour later, I was leaving the church and guess who was walking by again.  Yep.  The same elderly man.  I figure this is too much of a coincidence and likely God is orchestrating circumstance.  I walked  out to chat.  He is 76 years old and is from India.  He has been in America for 7 months.  His accent is very thick. We chatted about things and I mentioned he looked young for 76.  

He shared with me that only God knows when He will take us home.  I commented that was true and it was very important we do all we can to enjoy each day that God gives us.  I asked if I could give him my Bible.  He graciously accepted and asked me to write my name in it.  I welcomed him to America and wished him the best.

Sometimes, it is the little things that mean the most....

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: