Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I have a friend in Jesus..."~priest

About 1:30 PM Thursday...
 
Interesting character dropped by the church today.  3 days ago he left Ohio with a backpack and $75.  Today, he rode the bus to Grace Point Church and found me.  He asked if he could see a pastor.  But first he asked if we could pray.  He is the first I've met that asked for prayer before he asked for money.  Why is that?
 
I have a friend in Jesus.  There are many who are praying for me.  There are a few who I would consider as point people in prayer.  Some have said I am under attack by the evil one.  If so, I find it honoring the evil one would consider me of import.
 
The gentleman prayed a powerful prayer.  It seemed he was comfortable talking with the Father and believed he was being heard.  He didn't pray for his needs.  He prayed for mine.  I like to believe this was a devine appointment, a God Spot.   He prayed a prayer of encouragement over me.  I don't remember all that was said, I just know when he was done, God had been petitioned to act on my behalf.
 
I am blown away at the graciousness of God, that He would send someone to genuinely pray for me.  He had no agenda.  His only asset was love. 
 
I'm thinking that if demons are chasing me, they just had a set back.  Thank you, Jesus....
archie

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: